Case Study – Compressor Cover
- LPC developed its own casting and machining process for compressor covers.
- LPC was able to demonstrate its engineering expertise by redesigning the customer specification to allow the casting process to be simplified.
- Magma Flow simulations were carried out to develop runner and feeder systems to optimise the die designs.
- LPC managed the project from inception through to current volume production at a weekly rate of 6000 parts per week.
- LPC received a prestigious customer accolade recognising its engineering and commercial success on this project, where customer expectations and milestones were exceeded.
Case Study – Steering Column Projects
LPC produced and supplied various steering & column shaft components for two major european OEM's.
- Machinery used – Star S20 Sliding head machine.
- Machined 450,000 parts during 3 years of production.
- Demonstrated zero defect on the supply of this project
resulting in a score of zero PPM.
- Used returnable packaging.